HEADSUP: cygserver now has MSG, SEM and SHM support

Hi,

a headsup which affects a few packages and, of course, the developers
of Cygwin.  Last week I have applied a pretty big patch, which turns
Cygserver upside down.  It now contains basically the FreeBSD kernel
implementation of System V (or, in X/Open / SUSv3 speak) XSI IPC support.

This means, not too far from now, we can drop the cygipc package and
packages like postgresql can switch to using Cygserver.

In future, Cygwin releases will be build with Cygserver support switched
on.  Clients, which want to access the Cygserver capabilities, have to
run with the environment variable CYGWIN set so that it contains the
word "server".  I guess this will be the default at some later point.

The Cygwin utilities additionally contain two new tools, which are
also derived from their FreeBSD counterparts, ipcrm and ipcs.  ipcs
got a new option -u which shows some information the original BSD
implementation never showed.

The cygserver directory also contains a README file which describes
how to use Cygserver, a cygserver-config script which installs
Cygserver as service under SYSTEM account (for now) and a configuration
file cygserver.conf.  The latter is supposed to go to /etc.  But
actually it goes to the value given to the make variable $sysconfdir.
The path given in $sysconfdir is compiled into Cygserver so, if you
want the path to be set correctly to /etc, make sure you're
configuring with --sysconfdir=/etc.

However, I'd like to ask maintainers of affected packages to give
Cygserver a try.  You will have to rebuild your packages and you
should make sure that the Cygwin header files sys/ipc.h, sys/msg.h,
sys/sem.h and sys/shm.h overwrote the cygipc files before building
your package(s).  And don't link against libcygipc ;-)

Oh, *please* read the README before using Cygserver.  It might avoid
some headache, especially when it comes to setting the CYGWIN environment
variable...

Red Hat, Inc.