Re: /cygdrive in CVS? Time for 1.5.6 soon.

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 04:00:51PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:28:20PM -0500, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> >mkfifo (const char *path, mode_t mode)
> >{
> >  return (mknod (path, (mode_t) (mode|S_IFIFO), 0));
> >}
> >
> >It seems to work here on win2k, and certainly anything's better then
> >being a stub that returns ENOSYS?  I'm sure it isn't close to being as
> >robust as BSD's or Linux's mkfifo and it's a bit kludgy, but it's a
> >start, isn't it?
>
> Fifos don't work.  Why add a function now?  This *should* be returning a
> stub that returns ENOSYS.  I should turn off my aborted try at getting
> this working in cygwin until fifos work.  Adding a mkfifo call now is
> extremely premature.

Regardless of mknod working or not, wouldn't it be nevertheless correct
to implement mkfifo as call to mknod and let mknod deal with it entirely?
This way, both functions behave identically, returning ENOSYS as long
as FIFOs aren't implemented, returning something useful after it's
implemented?

Red Hat, Inc.