Re: cygwin 1.5.6 release notes - comments needed

On Dec 14 23:35, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Corinna, Pierre, could you add some lines detailing your security
> changes and, if needed, flesh out my descriptions of your changes?

My changes are:

- Drop using of statically sized buffers for ACLs and security descriptors.
  (Corinna Vinschen)

- Accomodate GENERIC permission bits in ACLs (Corinna Vinschen)

> - Implement mknod.  (Christopher Faylor)

Didn't you say you drop this one until FIFO's are working?

> - Disallow filenames consisting of more than two dots.  (Corinna Vinschen)

Perhaps better "Disallow filenames consisting entirely of dots"?

> - Implement tmpfile64.  (Corinna Vinschen)

I'd prefer "Make tmpfile 64 bit aware."  Otherwise the next question is
"I tried to use the tmpfile64 function but I got a link error"...

> - Implement fcntl64.  (Corinna Vinschen)

Same here.

> - ** Corinna talk about passwd options here, please? ***

- Implement new options for passwd(1):
  -c/-C   User must not/may change password.
  -e/-E   User's password never expires/expires according to aging rules.
  -p/-P   Password not required/is required for user.
  (Corinna Vinschen)

- Implement missing POSIX SEM calls sem_open, sem_close, sem_timedwait
  and sem_getvalue. (Corinna Vinschen)

Red Hat, Inc.