Re: 1.5.8 release announcement

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:39:34PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 05:27:46PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 05:01:51PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>> >Please free feel to release 1.5.8 anyways.  We need a release and I'm
>> >not sure this should hold things up.
>>
>> Sigh.  I CAN'T release this with known problems.  You have no idea
>> what this problem is or how serious it is.
>
>ATM, no -- I need to build a debug-able Cygwin and PostgreSQL...
>
>> How do you duplicate the problem?
>
>It is probably more involved than you want to get, but you just need to
>follow the basic installation setup in my README:
>
>    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.4.1.README

Yeah, I tried the basic setup after sending my message and managed to both
duplicate and fix the problem.

It was a serious problem so this really does need to hold up the release.

Given Pierre's description of the exim problem, however, it doesn't seem
like my fix would affect that.

Assuming that this checkin didn't solve the problem, Pierre, can you
tell me how to duplicate your exim problems?
--
Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Project Leader