Re: time for 1.5.11?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jul 13 09:05, Gerd Spalink wrote:
> > YES, I am working on a patch. In the patch, the device handler keeps track of
> > duped copies with a doubly linked list. All duped copies actually
> > use pointers to the same audio_in_ / audio_out_ structures.
> > The problem is that each duped copy has its own fhandler_dsp object, so
> > that any changes to member variables have to be reflected in ALL duped copies.
> > This mainly affects the ioctl method, which has to be changed a lot.
>
> Wouldn't shared values easier be handled by static member variables?
>
> Corinna

Corinna,

No, the values aren't globally shared, just shared between some instances.

Gerd, I still think reference counting is the way to go.  I have a patch
ready for you to look at, just going through an approval process.  I'll
try to make sure it gets approved by the end of this week, and send it
out to cygwin-patches so you can take a look at it.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu