Change default path permission handling

Hi guys,

As you all know, Windows NT systems allow by default to access files only
because you have sufficient permissions on the file, regardless of the
permissions set in the parent directories.  That's obviously non-POSIXy.

As you also know, NT has a user setting which controls that behaviour,
called "Bypass traverse checking".  All users have this right by default.

I've just added the following patch to Cygwin:  Switch on traverse
checking again, to handle file permissions POSIX-like.  If the user
don't want that or the environment in which the user works is demanding
Windows-like "bypass ..." behaviour, there's a CYGWIN setting now called
"traverse".  To return to bypassing traverse checking, set

  CYGWIN=notraverse

I've also added a description to cygwinenv.sgml.  On my system, the
default works really good.  I don't see a reason to switch traverse
checking off, but YMMV, as always.

Red Hat, Inc.