Dropping official 9x support

It was about time.  Since yesterday, Microsoft has stopped all official
support for Windows 9x (95/98/Me).  I'm contemplating to finally remove
my last Win 98 VM.  It just takes space on the disk.

Supporting 9x is not only a nightmare for Microsoft, it's also a
nightmare for cgf and me.  So we decided to drop 9x support in Cygwin as
well, beginning with 1.5.22, unless someone has a really good suggestion
on how to continue.

One possible suggestions we were thinking of is this:

Somebody (as in "somebody else", not cgf or me) will look into any
upcoming 9x problems and will try to fix them.  cgf and me will not
grant any concessions to 9x when implementing new code, we will not make
any tests on 9x and we will not at all try to find the reason why the
code doesn't work on it.  Maybe for lots of money, but not just so.

Any volunteer or anybody with a better idea?  If not, 1.5.21 will be
the last release which is supposed to work on 9x.  Serves it right.