Re: 1.5.24-2: pthreads rwlock recursive acquisition failing (with cygcheck.out)

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:02:29AM -0400, Gabriel Landau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to develop a program that uses pthreads and needs to recursively
> acquire RO rwlocks and RW rwlocks.  I'm not upgrading or trying to acquire
> an RO lock after an RW lock has been acquired, yet pthread_rwlock_rdlock()
> keeps returning EDEADLK.  I have tested the attached test program (includes
> at top modified slightly) on Ubuntu Linux and it has no RO (shared) rwlock
> recursion problems.
>
> I'm using Windows Vista (copied cygwin dir from a valid XP install), but my
> friend can reproduce the problem on his Windows XP machine just as
> reliably.
>
> I've attached an application that demonstrates this bug.  You can build it
> with: gcc -o cygwin-pthread-bug.exe cygwin-pthread-bug.c
>
> Much less importantly, pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared(&lkattr,
> PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED) is failing as well.  See the attached
> cygwin-pthread-bug.c for details.
>
> Please help!  Thanks for your time.

Sorry but the intent of this mailing list is that people here are
familiar with the cygwin source code or are on the road to becoming
familiar with it.  This isn't a help mailing list or a bug reporting
mailing list.

So, if you want to stay in the spirit of this list, then please download
and install the cygwin source code from CVS and take a look at the code
in pthread.cc or thread.cc.  Otherwise please use the cygwin list for
this type of query.