Re: Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

Hi,

Sorry for my prev email (I noticed your 2 emails only after I sent it) and for top posting.

> Actually, I can't reproduce it at all. I just created a patch which > drops the GENERIC_READ and only opens the symlinks with it, just as > proposed. The results between the two versions are statistically > identical.

I did a little investigation to find out why you can't reproduce it.
I found that the cause it is so slow on my computer is NOD32 AV (as all the computers in my company).
When i disable it, I got the results you got.

So, I looked for computers with different AV software and found two, one with Symantec, and one with Mcafee.
Symantec was even slower:
3592 files stat() 4023ms, per file: 1.1201ms
Mcafee more or less was the same:
3592 files stat() 3425ms, per file: 0.9535ms
My computer (NOD32):
3592 files stat() 3353ms, per file: 0.9333ms

Yoni.