Re: Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

Hi,

> I'm still wondering, though, why this solution is slower on Samba.
> What on earth is Samba's problem with the restricted access mask?!?

Probably the only way to find out the problem is wireshark and carefully looking at the packets to see what causes it to an extra round trip. It may be due to a poor MS-Window CIFS client implementation.

The problem is that I am not a CIFS/Samba expert, which is required to understand the above.

Derry