Re: nonforking process copying

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 02:08:53PM +0400, LRN wrote:
>To clarify: I did not intend to propose this as something to be
>implemented in Cygwin
>I'm writing this here because Cygwin developers tend to know about such things.
>(sorry, if i was not supposed to talk about
>not-directly-related-to-Cygwin things on this list).

Yes, the cygwin-developers is intended solely for discussion of Cygwin
development.  I didn't set up this mailing list as an expert forum for
people to discuss things that had nothing to do with Cygwin.
Regardless, if the idea was implemented, as Corinna says, this would
slow Cygwin down significantly for a corner case condition.

Please find somewhere else to discuss this.