Re: 64 bit Cygwin target and _WIN64

On Jul 18 11:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 04:42:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I really don't see why the Mingw64 project should have to accommodate
> Cygwin.  Maybe if we put a #define _WIN64 in a Cygwin header, I'd feel
> slightly better about this but I don't see why another project should
> have to change to accommodate us.  Should they also have defines for
> Wine and ReactOS?  That doesn't seem like the right way to go.

They are happy to accomodate us.  Some of the problems we have are
shared with the wine project, so the advantages are partially mutual.
Mingw64 has already a header called _cygwin.h which is indirectly
included if a Cygwin project includes any Windows header.  It's no
problem to add

  #ifdef __CYGWIN64__
  #define _WIN64
  #endif