Re: posix_spawn support in core

Hi Daniel,

On Oct 18 11:08, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> A while ago, I posted a proof-of-concept implementation of posix_spawn as a user
> library. Would you be receptive to a patch that added posix_spawn support to the
> Cygwin core? posix_spawn is significantly more flexible than spawn, simpler than
> vfork, and for large programs, much faster than fork.

I just realized that I missed to reply.  Of course we would like to have
a posix_spawn.  However, I'm not sure you can simply put a posix_spawn
over our exec/spawn implementation.  This would require a redesign of
the exec/spawn code in the first place, isn't it?

Did you already have a look into the current implementation?  I don't
know about your POC implementation and if it's plain Windows or requires
Cygwin.

Last but not least, code contributions require a copyright assignment:
http://cygwin.com/contrib.html