Re: Latest 64 bit test stuff on sourceware

Hi Peter,

On Feb 16 23:17, Peter Rosin wrote:
On 2013-02-16 13:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Here's the list of packages I prepared:

   base-cygwin-toolchain-install-first-20130216.x86_64.tar.xz
   coreutils-8.14-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   dash-0.5.7-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   file-5.11-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   findutils-4.5.9-2.x86_64.tar.xz
   gawk-4.0.2-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   grep-2.6.3-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   m4-1.4.16-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   make-3.82-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   md5.sum
   mingw-gdb.x86_64.tar.xz
   mintty-r1295.x86_64.tar.xz
   rebase-4.4.0-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   sed-4.2.1-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   tar-1.26-1.x86_64.tar.xz
   tcsh-6.18.01-1.x86_64.tar.xz

For installation, start with untar'ing the base-cygwin-* package, which
contains cygwin itself and the native toolchain.  Then untar all the
other packages on top if it.  In the end, you have dash/sh, and tcsh to
work with.  What you need to provide yourself are passwd and group
files, as well as fstab and personal profiles to fit your needs.

Hi!

I tried this out a little bit. Neat stuff!

Some comments:

1. base-cygwin...tar.xz puts its binaries in /bin, but gcc
et al expects to be in /usr/bin (I think, at least that was
the case in the previous version of that tarball). The other
tarballs but their binaries in /usr/bin. The default mounts:
[...]
This issue feels like it's something I've misunderstood.

The base package installs symlinks usr/bin -> ../bin and usr/lib -> ../lib. This was supposed to solve the problem since when unpacking the other packages, the 32 bit tar finds the symlinks and installs everything usr/bin to bin and everything usr/lib to lib, as expected.

Are you saying that didn't work?

It didn't work for me either. Unpacking the base package creates the symlinks, but unpacking the remaining packages blows them away. I had to move everything from /usr/bin to /bin and from /usr/lib to /lib and then recreate the symlinks.

Ken