Re: native symlink

On May 13 11:12, Charles Wilson wrote:
Well, if the he wants to convert to a *native* link, then he'd use
winln(1) from cygutils rather than ln(1).

Why?  What speaks against

   #!/bin/bash
   tgt=$(readlink "$1")
   rm "$1" && CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native ln -s "${tgt}" "$1"

Oh, I forgot about the CYGWIN setting; I thought that the cygwin "support" for native windows symlinks was just that it could now read them and understand what they were (instead of being fooled transparently by the underlying filesystem) -- and that Daniel's winln program, contributed to cygutils, was the way to create them from user space.

Now that I engaged the brain, that really doesn't make much sense, does it?

Right, 'CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native ln -s' would work fine. Sorry for the noise.

--
Chuck