Re: winpty injection

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018, Thomas Wolff wrote:

> These symptoms suggest to me: winpty is not the culprit, but its
> presence in the invocation chain seems to trigger the effect in a yet
> unclear way.

Sure, `winpty` is not the culprit. But running certain software (such as
Maven) through `winpty` is *not* as unproblematic as we would want.

Therefore, it would make sense *not* to make it the default. Unless you
have a really good strategy in mind how to communicate this change to
users in a way that lets them know about this issue and how to work around
it.

Ciao,
Johannes