This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix debugger attach for threads
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:23:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix debugger attach for threads
- References: <3FA2D012.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:11:46PM +0100, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
>This patch allows a debugger to attach when an exception occurs in a
>thread other than the mainthread.
>I am not happy about the wait in handle_exceptions, but it works on my
>machine. I think that a waitloop until the debugger is attached is
>cleaner, but there must be a reason why the debbugging loop is
>implemented this way.
The intent is for an attached debugger to immediately see the location
that died. If you loop in the try_to_debug code then it is a pain to
figure out exactly where the exception occurred.
I don't understand why this code is needed. Why do threads need to
be suspended and resumed specially?