This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Small patch for the FAQ
- From: David Starks-Browning <david at starks-browning dot com>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:46:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Small patch for the FAQ
- References: <20030829121814.GR614@emcb.co.uk><20030901101928.GC1888@cygbert.vinschen.de>
When I started over as FAQ maintainer (sheesh -- *years* ago?) I was
told that Changelog entries were not necessary for documentation, as
long as the cvs commit messages were informative. (Perhaps this was
only intended for the FAQ, and not the other documentation, I don't
know.) Occasionally, someone will add a Changelog entry anyway.
Hopefully this is out of habit, rather than to suggest a change in
I hope the policy hasn't changed, because I'm happy not maintaining a
Changelog for the FAQ texinfo source, and I agree with the original
opinion that it isn't necessary.
On Monday 1 Sep 03, Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Dig, dig, dig... hmm, I don't find the ChangeLog entry here...
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:18:14PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > Index: how-programming.texinfo
> > ...