This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: (fhandler_base::lseek): Include high order bits in return.
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Cc: newlib at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:40:46 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: (fhandler_base::lseek): Include high order bits in return.
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.56.0311171454590.922@eos>
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Brian Ford wrote:
> This bug fix got our app past its first problem with > 2 Gig files, but
> then it tripped over ftello. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
> It looks like it got a 32 bit sign extended value somewhere. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thanks.
Well, that somewhere is ftello64.c line 111. fp->_offset has a 32 bit
sign extended value. Anybody know how it got there?
I'm just starting to find my way around parts of Cygwin. Newlib is
yet another beast for me to discover.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems