RE: 1.5.12-1: ld (make) Error while compiling

  No!  That wasn't him!  That was some other guy _entirely_, he was called
"pradip jadav".  You can tell they're two different people, because despite the
fact that they have the identical problem and describe it in identical wording
with posts from closely-related IP addresses of the same ISP, one of them has a
hotmail account and the other has a yahoo one!  And besides, on the very last
line of the make output showing the bug, one said

> make: *** [mypro] Error 1

and the other said

> make: *** [proxy] Error 1

so that *proves* it, they *have* to be two different people!

  Heh, that's why I asked "prasanna hegde" to post his cygcheck.  I wanted to
publicly mock him when his UID/home path/environment vars revealed his poor
attempt at socking-up!