Re: somewhat obscene content in cygwin file

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:36:53PM +1100, Kal.Dee@csiro.au wrote:
> >Not sure if the highly obscene limericks (/usr/share/fortune/limerick)
> >are meant to be in the cygwin distro...
>
> Wow.  I think I vaguely recall that something like this was in fortune
> but, if I thought it was a good idea a couple of years ago, I have
> obviously grown more prudish since then.

You know, here I had opened my mail program and saw that there was a new
thread with 12 messages in it titled "Obscene content."  I chuckled to
myself that someone was probably trying to blame cygwin for some
drive-by spyware installation, or home page being turned to a XXX site,
or obscene popups all over the place, etc. ...you know, the general IE
malware thing.

I was actually somewhat disappointed that it was a legitimate
complaint.  Sad really, as I was hoping to see someone try to argue that
Cygwin was responsible for his unpatched, unsecured IE and unprotected
surfing habits.  "nnooo but it's really cygwin's fault.  me no have XXX
homepage before cygwin, now me do.  u fix?!"

Brian