RE: Hippos

----Original Message----

  Nonononono, it's what they do when they want to hide!  It's a form of
camouflage, since tu-tu's greatly resemble the pink, frond-like leaves of
the water lilies that grow abundantly in the hippo's natural environment.

  Hippos in the wild are greatly fond of sheltering and hiding behind this
foliage, but it does have the unfortunate consequence that they tend to get
a bit panicky when you take one for a night at the opera, since they don't
know how many other hippos might be hiding out there, watching them.