Re: Who hasn't been badly flamed?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

I hate to say it but I don't remember ever being really flamed.

(Not even by Gary R. Van Sickle? :-)

Anyway, I think that's because good flamers are (a) somewhat thick-skinned, and (b) recognize the intent behind other good flames.

I get flamed on occasion in other newsgroups (heck, I've felt the sharp end of cgf's whip-cracks on occasion, too :-), and the only time I get bothered is if the flamer has misread my post and flames for the wrong reason (or ad hominem).

(Oh, and "good flaming" is pretty much an American thing. I've just had to make a fence-mending visit to our offshore office to soothe feathers ruffled by my "constructive comments"..)