Re: Nobody here but us chickens

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Dave Korn wrote:

> To: 'if possession is nine-tenths of the law, does that mean losing
>     things is the other one-tenth?'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>

No, the other one-tenth is exorcism.

> ooh it's dark in here spooky
>
> <skrtchfffFFFFTFLARESPARKspit>   ah that's better.  i lit a match.  now  let
> me see....
>
>    echo....
>         ...echo ....
>                ... ec  h  o . .. .     .

bash: ec: command not found

>    hello...
>          ...  hello . . ..
>                ....     e l l   o ...

bash: hello: command not found

>    HIPPO...
>          ...  HIPPO . . ..
>                ....     I P P    O ...

bash: HIPPO: command not found

Hmm, you must have a non-standard installation...

> oooh, i've got the place to myself.  i've been on me own in here for days
> now.  not a squeak out of anyone else, I could do anything i wanted to....
>
>          KEWL!
>  I HEREBY PROCLAIM MYSELF EMPEROR NORTON II of CYGWIN-TALK-L!!!
>
>    Hooray!  Let there be three weeks of official rejoicing, let the streets
> flow with beer, let there be hippos and otters in abundance and let all the
> citizens be obliged to talk like pirates, in order to counter global
> warming.
>
>   ¡Avast ye scurvy swabs!

Le roi est mort, vive le roi!  Let this be a warning... :-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu