RE: Cygwin, gdb and SEH [was RE: 1.5.19: changes have broken Qt3]

On 24 May 2006 19:11, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 07:06:32PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> You appear to be under the same misunderstanding as the guy from
>> yesterday who thought cygwin might have a use for "market research".
>> There is no company, no support team, and any developers whose
>> employers might assign them to work on anything related to cygwin are
>> under no obligation to work on other people's problems.
>
> I had email problems yesterday (multiple spamd's using up lots of memory
> and CPU) so I may have missed the "market research" email.
>
> Anyone have a pointer?  My blood pressure is dangerously low today and
> probably needs a boost.
>
> Or was this the person who was using the time-honored "Cygwin will be
> much more popular if you allow people to discuss Interix" technique?
>
> cgf

  Heh, yep, that was the one.  Goddam it!  Why don't we want free market
research?  Don't we want to make lots of money from selling cygwin?  Don't we
want it to be more popular and win more recruits to our cause than the other
posix compatibility layers?  WHAT, DO YOU REALLY SAY YOU AREN'T ASSEMBLING AN
ARMY OF LOYAL CYGWIN SOLDIERS TO CONQUER THE WORLD AND PUSH FORWARD THE CYGWIN
FLAG?  Boy, are we ever missing out, losers!

  ...phew...

  What _is_ going on this week?  The newbies seem to be of an even lower
standard than usual.  They must be putting something in the water round
here.....

  ... I mean, aside from the usual stuff the hippos leave in it, that is ...