Re: No postnews or other Usenet news utilities?

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
From: mwoehlke
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
2. What you claim you want to do is spamming, pure and simple, by anybody's definition. BTW: Anybody's definition is: "Sending unsolicited email, usually in an effort to get money from somebody legally or otherwise, en masse to a bajillion newsgroups
and/or email addresses."

[snip] ...but I think "unsolicited" is at best debatable, if not
outright false.

? I don't follow.

Like I said, my impression of *.forsale is that they are like classifieds... i.e. EVERYTHING there is advertisement. Therefore, by subscribing to such a group, you are stating your intentions to receive "junk mail" ("spam"?) targeted to that audience.

--
Matthew
...Ruthlessly beating Windows with a hammer until it looks like POSIX.

"Linux". Cygwin is "Linux" on Windows now. No, I'm not sure when or why that changed either.

But... but... CYNUX! Cygwin's NOT Linux? :-)

I guess it does *look* like Linux, though, but Linux looks like POSIX. Since { a => b, b => c } <=> { a => c }, Cygwin looks like POSIX; QED. :-)

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Transitive.html

--
Matthew
Feed the hippo. Love the hippo. Run from the hippo.