Re: loop through folders

Brian Dessent wrote:
mwoehlke wrote:
This is not a Cygwin question. However, 'find . | xargs <your program>'
might help you.

It's not a bad idea to get into the practice of always doing "find . -print0 | xargs -0 <your program>" instead of the above. Otherwise, files with spaces or other strange characters in their names will cause the command to fail. And even if you don't happen to have any filenames with spaces at the moment, it doesn't hurt -- it's just good hygeine.

Yeah, yeah... you're talking to someone that's used to working on old Solaris and HP-UX machines that don't have GNU findutils :-). (I'm working on that, though ;-) ...but I expect HP-UX to be an uphill battle :-(.)

--
Matthew
...Ruthlessly beating Windows with a hammer until it looks like POSIX.