Re: Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:20:21PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
Anyway, if it turns out I have to patch an info file, then I guess I'm stuck doing that. Assuming anyone on newlib pays attention to me. So far, zilch.

Yes, you definitely have to *patch* the *source* of the documentation that you want changed if you want someone to apply it.

I think the point is that I would hope they would accept a flat-out new file, if it was that major a re-working (which IMO it should be; I find the layout of glibc's manpage a lot easier to understand, in addition to being more accurate).

But... if I'm to do anything with the texinfo source, I have to *find* it first. Sigh. I am losing enthusiasm for this project.

--
Matthew
vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!