Re: What's wrong with *roff, anyway? (Was: Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?)

On Aug 10 17:25, mwoehlke wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >Actually, on some further digging it is, most likely, in sprintf.c
> >So, no texinfo editing required.
>
> Hey! Now I found that /all//by//myself/, thank you! ;-)
> (See, I told you I'd keep looking.)
>
> And... now I understand why the ->nroff converter works so poorly. Eek.
> Do you really do the indentation and line length *by hand*, or am I
> missing something?

Hey, you could just sit down and generate a patch which pulls all
documentation out of the source files, changes it to texinfo format and
integrates them in a structured way into the newlib/doc subdirectory.
Then you just have to add the Makefiles changes so that generation and
installation as man pages, info pages, html pages, tex documentation,
pdf files...  is possible.  I'm *sure* Jeff would like the idea and
happily take the patch.

Corinna