Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 01:20:55PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 01:44:06PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
I think your solution is well stated.  Does anyone know who was
maintaining the old patch to make, so that a discussion with that
person could be made more substantial on a technical level?
And ^^^this^^^ is a perfect example of why this discussion is so
frustrating.

Does someone *really* have to tell you who was "maintaining the old
patch"?  If you really need to be told this then you really don't have
the right to an opinion on this subject at all since you clearly haven't
been paying any attention.
I think someone needs to read http://isbn.nu/0671723650
...I'm sure something about "paying attention" is mentioned. :-D

(Sorry, I just COULDN'T resist :-D.)

Hey, for a second, I thought this was directed towards me (since I am just counting the seconds until that happens) but I actually think this was directed to my good friend Bob, right?

Or am *I* missing something obvious?  I would almost prefer it if I was.
The alternative is just too mind-bogglingly >deleted<.

Yup, at Bob. DEFINITELY at Bob. I almost re-posted (and I don't mean on -talk) when I saw his reply to your message. :-)

Now I wonder what that was that you deleted...

--
Matthew
vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!