Re: Send command and parameters into cygwin.bat

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 05:26:35PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>mwoehlke wrote:
>>mocs wrote:
>>>Ive would like to edit my cygwin.bat so a command into "cygwin" starts
>>>automatically with a document and some parameters, how should i write?
>>
>>*sip*
>>
>>You schould write wish proper engrish *hic!*
>>
>>(Sheesh, that makes three...)
>
>Say, waaaiidda minute. Did "every time someone asks a 'new user'
>question that is plainly answered by reading the manual, take a sip" not
>make it on the list? Well, if not, I'm putting it there! :-)

I got this response on irc to a suggestion of "man bash".

(2006-08-18 15:19:01) Vornicus: meh.  I give up.

This was after noting that there was no .bashrc in ~ or / and finding that
there was no notion of setting PATH in the bash man page.  The time between
my mentioning "man bash" and further questions about PATH was approximately
30 seconds.

*chug*?

cgf