Re: A cygwin newsgroup?

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 05:09:58PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 14 November 2006 14:55, George wrote:
>>On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 07:03:39AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Maybe I knew that there was a cygwin newsgroup at some point in the
>>>distant past but its existence came as a surprise to me this morning
>>>nonetheless.
>>>
>>>It seems rather rude that this would be created without discussion in
>>>the official cygwin forum but I guess that's par for the course.  Few
>>>people who use cygwin seem to have a clue.
>
>I don't think anyone needs to check in here for permission to discuss
>cygwin in a forum of their own devising.  Consider it a fork!

Nobody has to do anything.  You can do anything you want within the laws
of physics up until some policeman takes notice and stops you.

That doesn't mean that it isn't rude.

Normally when this kind of thing happens there is a call for discussion.
If that happened in this case, I'd have to wonder where the discussion
occurred.

cgf