Re: A cygwin newsgroup?

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:46:24PM -0800, Linda Walsh wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>It seems rather rude that this would be created without discussion in
>>the official [cfg-controlled/moderated] cygwin forum

Whether I "control" the cygwin list or not does not matter.  It *is* the
official mailing list for the project and it should have been notified
when the group was created.

It is not a big deal, really.  I just don't relish having another
channel for people to offer clueless advice to each other which will
have to be rectified in the cygwin list.  It just means potentially more
"work" for Larry, Igor, Matthew, Dave, Brian, Eric, Corinna, etc.

>CFG calling something rude ?         Um... Isn't that a bit like:
>pot    "         "    black?

I made a bet with myself that someone would make that hilarious
observation.

(It's CGF by the way)

There are various forms of rudeness.  Some would say that an unprovoked
pot shot was not particularly civil.

cgf