Re: The Big List of Dodgy Apps

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 02:43:45PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:

>  I know that we've discussed keeping a FAQ entry for this list before, and
>IIRC there was a preference against it, so I've been keeping a running count
>in my head for a while now, and asking people "do you have any of ...." when
>they turn up with miscellaneous fork failures.  Anyway, FTA and JFTR, here is
>what I currently have on my list.  If anyone spots any obvious omissions,
>please drop a reply.
>

>Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component
>
>Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware
>
>Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service
>
>Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall
>
>Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall
>
>LanDesk
>
>Windows Defender

Funny but I didn't notice any problems when I was running Windows
Defender.

It sure would be nice (tm pending) if we had some way of detecting
these problematic applications automatically.  It would be even nicer
if we had someone who was dedicated to making cygcheck be all that
it could be wrt detecting potential sources of problems and, even,
suggesting solutions.

cgf