Re: Sounds interesting

Matthew Woehlke schrieb:
Saro Engels wrote:
And is there any possibility to integrate KDE-apps a bit tighter into cygwin? I am thinking of trying to build some cygwin packages.

That was just wrong what I wrote:
As far as I can see (cf. http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/Building_KDElibs_4_using_MinGW_with_Qt_4.3) cygwin provides most of the build environment for building KDE apps, as well as packaging, distribution and installation. There is not such a thing neither in the new KDE-apps nor in the existing ports for gtk+ etc. What I thought of was using cygwin packages to provide packaging for windows apps - like having a subdirectory in the setup list with native apps packaged and installing like ordinary cygwin-packages.
That would perhaps mean to extend cygwins setup to a complete package manager, which is still missing imo.
SE