Re: hacked package on server

Warren Young wrote:
Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Sneakers is awesome!

Isn't it funny how so many computer geeks complain about movies like this not being "believable" but then go on to rave about Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings? :) Suspension of disbelief is okay for elves and jawas, but not for encryption techniques, I guess.

...and rocket scientists probably like Hackers and hate Star Wars (and hippos*) :-). I like Sneakers for being "old school", and honestly it feels a lot more believable than many movies. Really the worst (most far-fetched) thing I can recall was how The Chip worked; secure sites don't send you themselves encrypted... I mean, they do, but not until you've given them the correct password :-).

(* think about how much fuel it would take to put a hippo into space!)

--
Matthew
find / -user your -name base -print0 | xargs -0 chown us:us