O/T Countering Internet Geographic Location

Hi,
I'm currently in France and when I Google I'm getting French based results.
Back in the UK I sometimes want US based results, not UK. I notice from
dating-adverts that they know I live in the Oxford region.

I guess they pick up environmental variables from my PC, and make guesses
from my IP.

How can I make my location more anonymous,Is there any hippothetique way
round this?

--
zzapper
http://www.rayninfo.co.uk/vimtips.html