Re: tcsh clear command?

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
Ditto here. Who really prefers a rows-and-columns based method (AKA a
box!) of copying text? I can't say there's been a single time when I
said "Damn I wish I could just copy and paste a box of text. Copying a
line of text just isn't what I want to do right now!". YMMV.

Umm, VIm with multiple horizontal windows? Or any text containing tables? In fact, that's why VIm added the "box select" feature...

Heh. Glad I didn't send a similar reply to the main list (and before reading the thread on -talk, at that :-) ). And you can add kate to the list of editors with block selection (I thought vim had it also, but my vim-fu is practically non-existent).

It was merely my opinion. Why do you attempt to make more of it?

That's called arrogance...

Indeed.

--
Matthew