32 vs. 64 bit Hippos

Hello,

I am about to purchase another computer and need to decide between 32-bit XP Pro and 64-bit XP Pro. Most of what I will use it for will use Cygwin. Does anybody have any (good) experience with 64 bit XP? Does it cause any problems with Cygwin? Does it make anything better? Is there any reason to try 64 bit?

    May the hippos be with you.  Thanks,
      Charles