RE: Rationale for line-ending recommendation?

> From: Andrew DeFaria
>
> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > Another one who believes what their calendar tells them?
> Another one who doubts the calendar and can't do math...
> > Then riddle me this Andrew: If this were in fact the 21st
> century (AKA
> > "The Future"),
> But you see that's the thing. It's not AKA "The Future" - it's now.

Nope.  In "The Future", AKA the 21st Century, software is able to read plain
text files without problems.  Users of that software spend exactly zero time
worrying about what particular format those plain text files may be in.

> You're just sleeping...

On the contrary, I'm one of the few who have awoken themselves to the fact
that all is not as the Vast Bi-Partisan Calendar Conspiracy(tm) would have
you belive.

> > why would we be be discussing software which is able to
> understand one
> > text file format, but not a second ever-so-slightly different text
> > file format?
> What do you mean "we" Kemosabe?

Smith, and Wesson, and me.

> > Now, if y'all shall excuse me, I have to go pick up my brand new
> > nuclear turbine-powered flying car.
> Yeah right...

Ah heck, now do I fill 'er up with Regular or Ethyl Plutonium?

> --
> Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
> Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not
> omnipotent.
> Is he able, but not willing? then he is malevolent. Is he
> both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither
> able nor willing? Then why call him God?

What does God need with a starship?  Nobody knows.  Maybe the text file
explaining it all had the wrong line endings.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle