Re: "TakeoffGW"

On 5/31/2010 8:43 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> Yay, another Cygwin 1.3.3 (aka MSYS) distribution, this time using
> Cygwin's latest setup.exe:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/takeoffgw

So far, it's only a fork of setup.exe.  It doesn't actually include any
installable components.  Looking at the patches, the "mirror.lst" points to:
http://takeoffgw.sourceforge.net/R0/  -- which doesn't exist, and
ftp://localhost/takeoffgw/

I think "pier11" neglected to test his new brainchild on a different
computer...

The fun part is, he forked the cygwin-1.7 version of setup.exe.  I have
a hunch that our latest setup.exe does a lot of NTSEC things that might
not actually play very well with cygwin-1.3.3/MSYS.

In any case, I think this is more a concern for the MinGW/MSYS fellas:
"Accompanying files (setup.hint) contain reference to original binary
packages on MinGW site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/";

In otherwords, if he ever actually uploads the setup.ini, it'll point to
the mingw project's tarballs (for MinGW gcc, MSYS components, etc).
'Course, they don't ptovide any md5sum signatures, so I kinda wonder
what this new setup.exe fork will think about that...

--
Chuck