rootless mode and mousing to other windows

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Nov 1 08:01:00 GMT 2002

Gerald S. Williams wrote:

>Ultimately, what you really want is the ability to go both
>ways--let X applications be managed by Windows and let
>Windows applications be managed by X window managers (like
>LiteStep only allowing X calls all the way down--I think
>LiteStep uses GTK or something). Of course, this can get a
>bit complicated, especially when the services aren't quite
>the same between Windows and X.

Well, that is not an opinion that I have ever seen expressed here to
date and I have not seen any developer announce that they are aiming to
provide such functionality.  It has always been my understanding that
99% of people are interested in having MS Windows manage the X Windows
windows.