Re: X -query <hostname> does not work

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Tomasz Rojek wrote:

> > Is xdm started or dtlogin? afair the default for solaris is dtlogin.
> Yes, it is.  Also I can see that new dtlogin process is started when my
> Cygwin/XFree86/Xwin queries remote machine.
>
> > the configfiles for dtlogin are in /usr/dt/config (for Solaris8)
>
> There I found error log for CDE: /var/dt/Xerrors. Below I attach what was
> added to it (tail -f used) when I tried to connect to remote Solaris box. It
> seems to be a problem with particular font - but I have no clue how to
> resolve this issue.
> Greetings

I remember that the statrup scripts try to determine if the session is local.
This sometimes fails and they want to add local paths to the fontpath which are
not available on the windows host.

Solution 1: copy the fonts to the windows box and to the same location as on
solaris.

Solution 2: add the fontpath to the fontserver config file

But unfortunatly I don't know which paths you need to add.

bye
	ago