cvs and XFree86 (Was Re: PATCH: -multiwindow with root windowhidden...)

Harold,

I know it's kinda off-topic, but have you considered setting up a local
cvs repository and doing "cvs import"s from the main CVS (your comment
below seems to indicate that you don't do that)?  It works quite nicely
(for me, on another project), and you get the benefit of revision control
for your local changes, among other things.

I know that you having a local CVS repository doesn't really help Early or
any other developers, although nothing really stops them from doing the
same, i.e.,
- unpack the source, cd to the source directory
- "cvs -d .repository init",
- "find . -name .repository -prune -o -name CVS -prune -o -type d -exec cvs -d .repository add {} \;",
- "find . -name .repository -prune -o -name CVS -prune -o -type f -print | xargs cvs add",
- "cvs commit" from the top level,
and then any changes they make after that can be committed to the local
repository).

FWIW, there were also offers of setting up separate branches (not in the
XFree86 CVS tree, though, AFAIR), so that developers can work on their
code and then someone in charge would merge their changes into the
trunk...  Maybe the powers that be would consent to that instead?

Just a few thoughts...
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II