Re: packaging error in latest lesstiff

On Fri, 02 May 2003, Volker Zell wrote:

> Hi

Hello.

> I think there is a packaging error in the latest lesstiff package.

Thanks for the bug report.

> Because the initial lesstiff package had a file host.def (by the way
> conflicting with a file in Xfree-lib package) the file
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/host.def
>
> will be removed after installation of the latest lesstiff package.
> The new lesstiff package installs three files under
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/LessTif/config/
>
> Shouldn't that be
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/

Well, I confess, I know next to nothing about imake style config stuff.
I've always hated packages that use it rather than GNU configure because
it never works right for me.  That said, it would seem like lesstif
resolving this conflict is a good thing, giving one the option of
using the Xfree-lib version or the lesstif version.

Does reinstalling the Xfree-lib package fix this by restoring the host.def
from that package?

> Now I get errors whenever I use xmkmf:
>
> 03:43 PM [523]> xmkmf
> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/site.def:56: host.def: No such file or
> directory
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/site.def:158: host.def: No such file or
> directory

Yeah, I saw these trying to use imake recently, but I did not know if it
ever worked.

Brian,
Cygwin's reluctant lesstif maintainer.

--