Re: Running Xwin in passive mode

Richard,

Yes, we should be doing better checking to make sure that another window manager is not already running before we start the internal window manager.

Harold

Richard Campbell wrote:
XWin -multiwindow

You must NOT run a seperate window manager, such as twm, etc. (Be sure to comment it out if you use startxwin.bat or one of the other scripts).

This confused me for while, because the server does work this way, if a
little
flakily (it's more obviously wrong with, say, WindowMaker than with twm,
since twm doesn't do a whole lot).

-Richard.