RE: question about multiwindow mode and application icons

Hi Earle,

> At 11:45 PM 5/13/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >...Wow!  You have certainly done your homework here.  This is way more
> >complicated than I thought it would have to be.

Me too. I'm definitly unable to implement this. I'm very happy that there is a
solutions or this . :-)

> That's what happens when you put a square peg like X into a round hole like
> Windoze!  I'm really impressed at how well the 2 message loops are behaving
> presently, it must have been some serious work to get things running!  I'm
> just trying to add the finishing touches, because I have found this server to
> be more stable and compatible than a commercial one.

<snip>
> I'll do one better than that, below is a diff -U3 OLD NEW of all the
> changes against the text 84 release.  It's got stubs for the WM_HINTS
> already, so if Ralf Habacker wants to try his hand at updating the icons
> Windows displays, he just needs to add a function call in the TBD
> section.

thanks for providing this great work. I've got already the details of the win32
icon format (see http://services.simac.be/vnc/single/msdn_icons.htm for more
informations), but unfortunally I'm lost with the icon_pixmap format of the
XSetWMHints call. I've found very much informations about pixmap in general in
the internet, but are lost to retrieve a detailed specification of the this
format.  Does anyone have a pointer for this ?

Cheers
Ralf