RE: question about multiwindow mode and application icons

Howdy again Ralf...
At 11:36 PM 5/15/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> Howdy Ralf...
> >2. The window title setting is delayed for about a second. You can
> >verify this with xterm.

I was able to get the "proper" way implemented, namely a 3rd thread that sleeps on a XNextEvent and which takes away the timeout in the main WM thread. Now title changes are instantaneous, and no timeout polling is needed. It turns out you just need to listen to the root window and there's no need to communicate from the WM->XNextEvt thread at all. It also seems to not lose its mind when my screen saver kicks in, but I'll have to run it for a day or so to be sure.

I am attaching a diff against the raw xwin-20030513-0954 sources, it's easier
to just start without the timeout polling hack.

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com