Re: question about multiwindow mode and application icons

Howdy again

>From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu>
At 08:51 AM 5/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Earle,
In the meantime, have you checked the size of /tmp/XWin.log when running with this patch? I just want to make sure that there are no ErrorF's that should be #if'd out of the code. We have had problems where I miss the fact that someone is dumping tons of messages to /tmp/XWin.log (think megabytes per minute) and I fail to remove those messages before we make a release. Could you double check for me that this is not the case with this patch? If it is the case, could you please resubmit with the appropriate ErrorF's #if'd out?

Sure, I checked and there's nothing new that I'm printing out in the changes, but the winclipboard is still dumping every time it gets a new selection.

Attached is the cleaned up change, it ran the whole day worth of heavy XWin
hacking for me at work.  It has the change I mentioned to Ralf earlier, so
the old diff with the bug he found should just be discarded.

I also added something that I find VERY useful for things like xload and a console
window: Always-On-Top. Right-click on the titlebar of any X window and you can
make it float above other windows with the new menu item.

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com