Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 86

Sylvain,

Well, one thing they often do with each new release of MSDN is just bump the lowest version number required for a lot of functions. In some cases you'll see a function that used to say Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0 SP3 jump to Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0 SP6, even though those functions still work just fine on the earlier OSes. Why do they do this? I have no idea.

As for whether or not GetWindowInfo is actually supported in NT 4.0 SP3, you would have to do a fresh install of SP3 to test if the function is there. Remember that one of the problems with NT 4.0 is that any application can replaced system DLLs with its own versions, so you quite often have to reapply the latest service pack after installing any application. I wouldn't doubt it if this particular user had installed an app that overwrote the DLL in question here with a pre-SP3 version.

Harold

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

This means MSDN has false information about GetWindowInfo, am i right ?

Changes:

1) winmultiwindowwindow.c/winTopLevelWindowProc() - Remove a
dependency on GetWindowInfo(), which is only present in NT 4.0 SP6,
Windows 98, and later.  Thanks to Dr. Charles L. Werner for reporting
this problem on Windows NT 4.0 SP3 and to Alexander Gottwald for
confirming that GetWindowInfo() is not present in Windows 95.  (Earle
F. Philhower, III)

===== Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259 No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.